Looking for Amerisleep A3S Vs Puffy Mattress…
The Puffy mattress is among 3 all-foam beds offered by the Puffy company. It rates medium, or 5 out of 10, on the firmness scale, making it an excellent choice for lighter sleepers. The Puffy is their most inexpensive model, sold at price-points that have to do with half of the cost of the Puffy Lux, and less than half of the Puffy Royal.
All of the Puffy bed mattress are manufactured in the United States and come with a life time service warranty. The significant distinguishing feature among them is the difference in mattress height, which is because of distinctions in comfort foam layers. The Puffy steps 10 inches thick, whereas the Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal measure 12 and 14 inches respectively.
As an all-foam mattress, the Puffy provides sleepers with a soft, cushiony feel. Sleepers who enjoy deeply contouring memory foam will like this mattress. The Puffy provides sleepers the feeling of being hugged by their mattress due to the fact that of its memory foam convenience layer. Individuals will feel like they are sleeping “in” the Puffy, instead of resting on top of it.
The top convenience layer of the Puffy is gel-infused Cooling Cloud memory foam. This layer supplies cushion and nestles the body. The gel infusion is planned to help reduce the amount of heat caught by the mattress. Memory foam frequently traps heat, which can become a problem for sleepers who tend to sleep hot. This foam is crafted to supply additional support along the edges, though some people might still discover a bit sinkage while sleeping or sitting near the perimeter.
Below the memory foam layer of the Puffy lies 2 inches of Cloud Environment transitional polyfoam. Transition layers are firmer than comfort layers, yet softer than support layers. They provide both assistance and cushion. Shift layers enable sleepers to feel like they’re being “hugged” by the mattress without sinking into it too deeply.
Shift layers likewise assist promote spinal alignment for side sleepers and reduce pressure points that can establish in side sleepers’ shoulders and hips. Sleepers’ hips and shoulders sink in much deeper to the mattress, while the transition layer supports the midsection, so the spinal column stays straight. Because of this dynamic, the Puffy mattress rates highly with side sleepers.
The mattress likewise has a 6-inch base layer composed of Firm Core Assistance high-density polyfoam, which sits directly below the transitional layer in the Puffy mattress. The polyfoam base offers support to sleepers in all sleep positions. The mattress rates 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, which is thought about a medium firmness.
Sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds feel most supported by the Puffy’s medium firmness. Those who weigh between 130 and 230 pounds, particularly those who prefer to sleep on their sides, likewise enjoy the Puffy. The medium firmness isn’t sufficiently encouraging for the majority of sleepers over 230 pounds.
The Puffy Mattress hit the marketplace in 2017 after years of research and development, foam formulations, and sleep trials. The Puffy brand exists to develop a “perfect” sleep system that is specifically targeted at people who have pain in the back.
All Puffy products are made in the USA and the foam used in each mattress is CertiPUR-US ® Licensed. Puffy also sells a high-end mattress called the Puffy Lux..
On the social good front, Puffy partners with various nonprofits throughout the country to donate mattresses to kids in need.
- Lightweight sleepers. While much heavier sleepers might likewise take pleasure in the Puffy, it is an ideal suitable for those below 130 pounds. Lighter sleepers compress the foam less, so firm mattresses can feel uncomfortably hard. The Puffy, with its medium firmness and extra-soft sleep surface, provides lightweight sleepers both pressure relief and assistance.
- Side sleepers listed below 230 pounds. People who sleep on their side can often establish pressure points at their hip and shoulder. The Puffy remedies this with highly contouring memory foam, which compresses at potential pressure points while curving to support the waist.
- Customers thinking about exceptional pressure relief. Our pressure mapping tests revealed that the Puffy offers excellent pressure relief for all sleeper types, even when compared to other memory foam models. Nevertheless, average-weight and heavier sleepers may find it to be too soft.
Not Recommended for…
- Sleepers over 230 pounds. As a medium mattress with a soft sleep surface, the Puffy is unlikely to offer heavier sleepers the support they need. At 10 inches high, its comfort layers might also be too shallow for some heavy sleepers.
- Stomach sleepers. While the Puffy may be attracting some individuals who sleep on their stomach, others will find that their hips tend to sink out of alignment with their spine. With time, this can trigger stiffness and back pain.
Mattress Prices and Sizing
The Puffy is more inexpensive than comparable all-foam bed mattress of its quality. All of the initial Puffy mattresses are the exact same firmness level, which is medium, or 5 out of 10.
|Twin||39″ x 75″||10″||41 lbs.||$795|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″||10″||45 lbs.||$825|
|Full||54″ x 75″||10″||58 lbs.||$995|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||10″||69 lbs.||$1150|
|King||76″ x 80″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
|California King||72″ x 84″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
Is the Puffy Mattress Right for You? Amerisleep A3S Vs Puffy Mattress
The Puffy is an all-foam mattress in a box with a medium firmness that is excellent for a large range of sleepers. I was likewise impressed with the infusion of a cooling gel to help prevent memory foam heat trap. I also think the Puffy does an excellent job of minimizing aches and pains that some individuals experience when sleeping on a mattress that isn’t the best firmness for their sleep style. Amerisleep A3S Vs Puffy Mattress