Looking for Best Foldable Guest Mattress…
The Puffy mattress is one of three all-foam beds used by the Puffy company. It ranks medium, or 5 out of 10, on the firmness scale, making it a good choice for lighter sleepers. The Puffy is their most economical model, sold at price-points that have to do with half of the cost of the Puffy Lux, and less than half of the Puffy Royal.
All of the Puffy mattresses are made in the US and included a lifetime warranty. The significant distinguishing feature among them is the distinction in mattress height, which is because of differences in comfort foam layers. The Puffy procedures 10 inches thick, whereas the Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal determine 12 and 14 inches respectively.
As an all-foam mattress, the Puffy supplies sleepers with a soft, cushiony feel. Since of its memory foam convenience layer, the Puffy offers sleepers the experience of being hugged by their mattress.
The leading comfort layer of the Puffy is gel-infused Cooling Cloud memory foam. This layer supplies cushion and cradles the body. The gel infusion is meant to help reduce the quantity of heat caught by the mattress. Memory foam typically traps heat, which can become an issue for sleepers who tend to sleep hot. This foam is engineered to supply additional support along the edges, though some individuals might still see a bit sinkage while sitting or sleeping near the boundary.
Listed below the memory foam layer of the Puffy lies 2 inches of Cloud Environment transitional polyfoam. Transition layers allow sleepers to feel like they’re being “hugged” by the mattress without sinking into it too deeply.
Transition layers also assist promote spine positioning for side sleepers and minimize pressure points that can develop in side sleepers’ hips and shoulders. Sleepers’ shoulders and hips sink in much deeper to the mattress, while the shift layer supports the midsection, so the spinal column remains straight. Because of this dynamic, the Puffy mattress rates extremely with side sleepers.
The mattress also has a 6-inch base layer made up of Company Core Support high-density polyfoam, which sits straight listed below the transitional layer in the Puffy mattress. The polyfoam base provides assistance to sleepers in all sleep positions. The mattress rates 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, which is considered a medium firmness.
Sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds feel most supported by the Puffy’s medium firmness. Those who weigh in between 130 and 230 pounds, specifically those who prefer to sleep on their sides, also enjoy the Puffy. The medium firmness isn’t sufficiently encouraging for most sleepers over 230 pounds.
The Puffy Mattress hit the market in 2017 after years of research and development, foam formulations, and sleep trials. The Puffy brand name exists to create a “best” sleep system that is specifically targeted at individuals who have neck and back pain.
All Puffy products are made in the U.S.A. and the foam utilized in each mattress is CertiPUR-US ® Certified. Puffy likewise sells a high-end mattress called the Puffy Lux..
On the social excellent front, Puffy partners with various nonprofits throughout the country to contribute mattresses to kids in need.
- While much heavier sleepers might likewise delight in the Puffy, it is a perfect fit for those listed below 130 pounds. The Puffy, with its medium firmness and extra-soft sleep surface, offers light-weight sleepers both pressure relief and support.
- Side sleepers below 230 pounds. People who sleep on their side can often establish pressure points at their hip and shoulder. The Puffy remedies this with extremely contouring memory foam, which compresses at possible pressure points while curving to support the waist.
- Consumers interested in extraordinary pressure relief. Our pressure mapping tests revealed that the Puffy offers exceptional pressure relief for all sleeper types, even when compared to other memory foam models. Nevertheless, average-weight and heavier sleepers might discover it to be too soft.
Not Recommended for…
- Sleepers over 230 pounds. As a medium mattress with a soft sleep surface, the Puffy is unlikely to provide heavier sleepers the support they require. At 10 inches high, its comfort layers may also be too shallow for some heavy sleepers.
- Stomach sleepers. While the Puffy may be attracting some individuals who sleep on their stomach, others will discover that their hips tend to sink out of positioning with their spine. In time, this can trigger tightness and pain in the back.
Mattress Prices and Sizing
The Puffy is more budget-friendly than similar all-foam mattresses of its quality. All of the initial Puffy mattresses are the exact same firmness level, which is medium, or 5 out of 10.
|Twin||39″ x 75″||10″||41 lbs.||$795|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″||10″||45 lbs.||$825|
|Full||54″ x 75″||10″||58 lbs.||$995|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||10″||69 lbs.||$1150|
|King||76″ x 80″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
|California King||72″ x 84″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
Is the Puffy Mattress Right for You? Best Foldable Guest Mattress
The Puffy is an all-foam mattress in a box with a medium firmness that is terrific for a large range of sleepers. I was likewise impressed with the infusion of a cooling gel to help defend against memory foam heat trap. I also think the Puffy does an excellent job of lowering aches and pains that some people experience when sleeping on a mattress that isn’t the best firmness for their sleep style. Best Foldable Guest Mattress