Looking for Best Hybrid Latex Mattresses…
The Puffy mattress is one of three all-foam beds used by the Puffy company. It rates medium, or 5 out of 10, on the firmness scale, making it a good option for lighter sleepers. The Puffy is their most economical design, sold at price-points that are about half of the cost of the Puffy Lux, and less than half of the Puffy Royal.
All of the Puffy mattresses are manufactured in the US and come with a lifetime guarantee. The significant distinguishing feature amongst them is the difference in mattress height, which is due to distinctions in comfort foam layers. The Puffy steps 10 inches thick, whereas the Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal measure 12 and 14 inches respectively.
As an all-foam mattress, the Puffy supplies sleepers with a soft, cushiony feel. Sleepers who delight in deeply contouring memory foam will like this mattress. Because of its memory foam comfort layer, the Puffy offers sleepers the experience of being hugged by their mattress. People will seem like they are sleeping “in” the Puffy, instead of resting on top of it.
The leading comfort layer of the Puffy is gel-infused Cooling Cloud memory foam. This layer provides cushion and nestles the body. The gel infusion is intended to help reduce the quantity of heat trapped by the mattress. Memory foam commonly traps heat, which can end up being an issue for sleepers who tend to sleep hot. This foam is crafted to supply extra support along the edges, though some individuals might still discover a bit sinkage while sitting or sleeping near the boundary.
Listed below the memory foam layer of the Puffy lies 2 inches of Cloud Climate transitional polyfoam. Shift layers enable sleepers to feel like they’re being “hugged” by the mattress without sinking into it too deeply.
Transition layers also help promote spine alignment for side sleepers and minimize pressure points that can develop in side sleepers’ hips and shoulders. Sleepers’ hips and shoulders sink in deeper to the mattress, while the shift layer supports the belly, so the spinal column remains straight. Since of this dynamic, the Puffy mattress rates extremely with side sleepers.
The mattress also has a 6-inch base layer composed of Firm Core Support high-density polyfoam, which sits straight listed below the transitional layer in the Puffy mattress. The polyfoam base supplies assistance to sleepers in all sleep positions. The mattress rates 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, which is thought about a medium firmness.
Sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds feel most supported by the Puffy’s medium firmness. Those who weigh in between 130 and 230 pounds, particularly those who choose to sleep on their sides, likewise enjoy the Puffy. The medium firmness isn’t adequately supportive for many sleepers over 230 pounds.
The Puffy Mattress struck the marketplace in 2017 after years of research and development, foam solutions, and sleep trials. The Puffy brand exists to produce a “ideal” sleep system that is specifically targeted at people who have neck and back pain.
All Puffy items are made in the USA and the foam used in each mattress is CertiPUR-US ® Qualified. Puffy also offers a luxury mattress called the Puffy Lux..
On the social great front, Puffy partners with different nonprofits throughout the nation to donate bed mattress to children in need.
- Light-weight sleepers. While heavier sleepers may likewise take pleasure in the Puffy, it is a perfect fit for those below 130 pounds. Lighter sleepers compress the foam less, so firm mattresses can feel annoyingly hard. The Puffy, with its medium firmness and extra-soft sleep surface area, provides light-weight sleepers both pressure relief and support.
- Side sleepers below 230 pounds. Individuals who sleep on their side can in some cases develop pressure points at their hip and shoulder. The Puffy remedies this with highly contouring memory foam, which compresses at prospective pressure points while curving to support the waist.
- Customers interested in extraordinary pressure relief. Our pressure mapping tests revealed that the Puffy deals excellent pressure relief for all sleeper types, even when compared to other memory foam models. However, average-weight and heavier sleepers might discover it to be too soft.
Not Recommended for…
- Sleepers over 230 pounds. As a medium mattress with a soft sleep surface area, the Puffy is unlikely to provide heavier sleepers the support they need. At 10 inches tall, its convenience layers may also be too shallow for some heavy sleepers.
- Stomach sleepers. While the Puffy may be appealing to some people who sleep on their stomach, others will discover that their hips tend to sink out of positioning with their spinal column. Over time, this can cause tightness and neck and back pain.
Mattress Prices and Sizing
The Puffy is more affordable than equivalent all-foam mattresses of its quality. All of the original Puffy bed mattress are the exact same firmness level, which is medium, or 5 out of 10.
|Twin||39″ x 75″||10″||41 lbs.||$795|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″||10″||45 lbs.||$825|
|Full||54″ x 75″||10″||58 lbs.||$995|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||10″||69 lbs.||$1150|
|King||76″ x 80″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
|California King||72″ x 84″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
Is the Puffy Mattress Right for You? Best Hybrid Latex Mattresses
The Puffy is an all-foam mattress in a box with a medium firmness that is great for a vast array of sleepers. I was also impressed with the infusion of a cooling gel to help prevent memory foam heat trap. I likewise believe the Puffy does a good job of minimizing aches and pains that some individuals experience when sleeping on a mattress that isn’t the right firmness for their sleep design. Best Hybrid Latex Mattresses