Looking for Best Mattress No Voc…
The Puffy mattress is one of three all-foam beds offered by the Puffy company. It ranks medium, or 5 out of 10, on the firmness scale, making it a great option for lighter sleepers. The Puffy is their most cost effective model, cost price-points that are about half of the cost of the Puffy Lux, and less than half of the Puffy Royal.
All of the Puffy bed mattress are produced in the US and featured a life time guarantee. The major distinguishing feature among them is the distinction in mattress height, which is due to differences in comfort foam layers. The Puffy steps 10 inches thick, whereas the Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal determine 12 and 14 inches respectively.
As an all-foam mattress, the Puffy provides sleepers with a soft, cushiony feel. Because of its memory foam convenience layer, the Puffy gives sleepers the experience of being hugged by their mattress.
The leading convenience layer of the Puffy is gel-infused Cooling Cloud memory foam. This layer offers cushion and nestles the body. The gel infusion is meant to help in reducing the amount of heat trapped by the mattress. Memory foam commonly traps heat, which can end up being a problem for sleepers who tend to sleep hot. This foam is engineered to supply extra reinforcement along the edges, though some people may still see a bit sinkage while sitting or sleeping near the boundary.
Below the memory foam layer of the Puffy lies 2 inches of Cloud Environment transitional polyfoam. Transition layers allow sleepers to feel like they’re being “hugged” by the mattress without sinking into it too deeply.
Transition layers also assist promote back alignment for side sleepers and minimize pressure points that can establish in side sleepers’ shoulders and hips. Sleepers’ hips and shoulders sink in much deeper to the mattress, while the shift layer supports the midsection, so the spine stays straight. The Puffy mattress rates highly with side sleepers because of this dynamic.
The mattress also has a 6-inch base layer composed of Firm Core Support high-density polyfoam, which sits straight below the transitional layer in the Puffy mattress. The polyfoam base provides assistance to sleepers in all sleep positions. The mattress rates 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, which is considered a medium firmness.
Sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds feel most supported by the Puffy’s medium firmness. Those who weigh between 130 and 230 pounds, specifically those who prefer to sleep on their sides, also delight in the Puffy. The medium firmness isn’t properly encouraging for most sleepers over 230 pounds.
The Puffy Mattress struck the market in 2017 after years of research and development, foam formulas, and sleep trials. The Puffy brand name exists to create a “ideal” sleep system that is specifically targeted at individuals who have pain in the back.
All Puffy products are made in the USA and the foam used in each mattress is CertiPUR-US ® Certified. Puffy likewise sells a luxury mattress called the Puffy Lux..
On the social great front, Puffy partners with different nonprofits throughout the country to donate bed mattress to kids in need.
- Light-weight sleepers. While much heavier sleepers may also take pleasure in the Puffy, it is an ideal suitable for those below 130 pounds. Lighter sleepers compress the foam less, so firm mattresses can feel uncomfortably hard. The Puffy, with its medium firmness and extra-soft sleep surface area, provides light-weight sleepers both pressure relief and assistance.
- Side sleepers below 230 pounds. Individuals who sleep on their side can often develop pressure points at their hip and shoulder. The Puffy remedies this with highly contouring memory foam, which compresses at potential pressure points while curving to support the waist.
- Customers interested in exceptional pressure relief. Our pressure mapping tests showed that the Puffy deals outstanding pressure relief for all sleeper types, even when compared to other memory foam designs. Average-weight and much heavier sleepers may find it to be too soft.
Not Recommended for…
- Sleepers over 230 pounds. As a medium mattress with a soft sleep surface, the Puffy is unlikely to provide heavier sleepers the assistance they need. At 10 inches high, its comfort layers may also be too shallow for some heavy sleepers.
- Stomach sleepers. While the Puffy may be attracting some individuals who sleep on their stomach, others will find that their hips tend to sink out of alignment with their spine. In time, this can trigger stiffness and neck and back pain.
Mattress Prices and Sizing
The Puffy is more budget-friendly than comparable all-foam mattresses of its quality. All of the original Puffy mattresses are the very same firmness level, which is medium, or 5 out of 10.
|Twin||39″ x 75″||10″||41 lbs.||$795|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″||10″||45 lbs.||$825|
|Full||54″ x 75″||10″||58 lbs.||$995|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||10″||69 lbs.||$1150|
|King||76″ x 80″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
|California King||72″ x 84″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
Is the Puffy Mattress Right for You? Best Mattress No Voc
The Puffy is an all-foam mattress in a box with a medium firmness that is fantastic for a wide variety of sleepers. I was also impressed with the infusion of a cooling gel to help prevent memory foam heat trap. When sleeping on a mattress that isn’t the best firmness for their sleep design, I also believe the Puffy does a good job of decreasing aches and pains that some people experience. Best Mattress No Voc