Looking for Best Rated Crib Mattress…
The Puffy mattress is among three all-foam beds offered by the Puffy company. It rates medium, or 5 out of 10, on the firmness scale, making it a good option for lighter sleepers. The Puffy is their most economical design, cost price-points that have to do with half of the expense of the Puffy Lux, and less than half of the Puffy Royal.
All of the Puffy bed mattress are produced in the United States and included a life time guarantee. The major distinguishing feature among them is the distinction in mattress height, which is due to differences in comfort foam layers. The Puffy measures 10 inches thick, whereas the Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal measure 12 and 14 inches respectively.
As an all-foam mattress, the Puffy offers sleepers with a soft, cushiony feel. Due to the fact that of its memory foam comfort layer, the Puffy provides sleepers the feeling of being hugged by their mattress.
The top comfort layer of the Puffy is gel-infused Cooling Cloud memory foam. This layer provides cushion and nestles the body. The gel infusion is intended to help reduce the amount of heat caught by the mattress. Memory foam frequently traps heat, which can become an issue for sleepers who tend to sleep hot. This foam is engineered to provide extra support along the edges, though some individuals might still observe a bit sinkage while sitting or sleeping near the border.
Below the memory foam layer of the Puffy lies 2 inches of Cloud Environment transitional polyfoam. Shift layers enable sleepers to feel like they’re being “hugged” by the mattress without sinking into it too deeply.
Transition layers likewise assist promote spinal positioning for side sleepers and lower pressure points that can develop in side sleepers’ hips and shoulders. Sleepers’ hips and shoulders sink in deeper to the mattress, while the shift layer supports the stomach, so the spinal column stays straight. Because of this dynamic, the Puffy mattress rates highly with side sleepers.
The mattress likewise has a 6-inch base layer composed of Company Core Support high-density polyfoam, which sits directly listed below the transitional layer in the Puffy mattress. The polyfoam base provides support to sleepers in all sleep positions. The mattress rates 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, which is thought about a medium firmness.
Sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds feel most supported by the Puffy’s medium firmness. Those who weigh in between 130 and 230 pounds, particularly those who choose to sleep on their sides, also delight in the Puffy. The medium firmness isn’t effectively encouraging for most sleepers over 230 pounds.
The Puffy Mattress struck the marketplace in 2017 after years of research and development, foam formulas, and sleep trials. The Puffy brand name exists to produce a “ideal” sleep system that is specifically targeted at individuals who have back pain.
All Puffy products are made in the USA and the foam utilized in each mattress is CertiPUR-US ® Certified. Puffy also sells a high-end mattress called the Puffy Lux..
On the social good front, Puffy partners with different nonprofits throughout the country to donate bed mattress to children in need.
- Light-weight sleepers. While heavier sleepers may also delight in the Puffy, it is a perfect fit for those below 130 pounds. Lighter sleepers compress the foam less, so firm bed mattress can feel annoyingly hard. The Puffy, with its medium firmness and extra-soft sleep surface, uses lightweight sleepers both pressure relief and support.
- Side sleepers below 230 pounds. People who sleep on their side can often establish pressure points at their hip and shoulder. The Puffy solutions this with highly contouring memory foam, which compresses at potential pressure points while curving to support the waist.
- Clients interested in remarkable pressure relief. Our pressure mapping tests revealed that the Puffy offers outstanding pressure relief for all sleeper types, even when compared to other memory foam models. However, average-weight and heavier sleepers might find it to be too soft.
Not Recommended for…
- Sleepers over 230 pounds. As a medium mattress with a soft sleep surface, the Puffy is unlikely to offer much heavier sleepers the assistance they need. At 10 inches tall, its comfort layers might likewise be too shallow for some heavy sleepers.
- Stomach sleepers. While the Puffy might be attracting some individuals who sleep on their stomach, others will find that their hips tend to sink out of positioning with their spine. Gradually, this can trigger stiffness and neck and back pain.
Mattress Prices and Sizing
The Puffy is more cost effective than equivalent all-foam bed mattress of its quality. You can purchase the Puffy in all standard mattresses sizes: twin, twin XL, complete, queen, king, and California king. The Puffy measures 10 inches in thickness, regardless of size. All of the initial Puffy mattresses are the same firmness level, which is medium, or 5 out of 10.
|Twin||39″ x 75″||10″||41 lbs.||$795|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″||10″||45 lbs.||$825|
|Full||54″ x 75″||10″||58 lbs.||$995|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||10″||69 lbs.||$1150|
|King||76″ x 80″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
|California King||72″ x 84″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
Is the Puffy Mattress Right for You? Best Rated Crib Mattress
The Puffy is an all-foam mattress in a box with a medium firmness that is great for a vast array of sleepers. I was also impressed with the infusion of a cooling gel to help defend against memory foam heat trap. I also think the Puffy does a great job of decreasing pains and pains that some people experience when sleeping on a mattress that isn’t the right firmness for their sleep style. Best Rated Crib Mattress