Looking for Best Value Pillow Top Mattress…
The Puffy mattress is among three all-foam beds offered by the Puffy company. It ranks medium, or 5 out of 10, on the firmness scale, making it a great option for lighter sleepers. The Puffy is their most budget friendly model, sold at price-points that are about half of the cost of the Puffy Lux, and less than half of the Puffy Royal.
All of the Puffy mattresses are made in the US and come with a lifetime service warranty. The major distinguishing feature among them is the difference in mattress height, which is due to differences in comfort foam layers. The Puffy steps 10 inches thick, whereas the Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal measure 12 and 14 inches respectively.
As an all-foam mattress, the Puffy offers sleepers with a soft, cushiony feel. Sleepers who take pleasure in deeply contouring memory foam will like this mattress. Because of its memory foam comfort layer, the Puffy gives sleepers the feeling of being hugged by their mattress. Individuals will feel like they are sleeping “in” the Puffy, rather than resting on top of it.
The top comfort layer of the Puffy is gel-infused Cooling Cloud memory foam. The gel infusion is intended to assist lower the amount of heat caught by the mattress.
Below the memory foam layer of the Puffy lies 2 inches of Cloud Environment transitional polyfoam. Shift layers allow sleepers to feel like they’re being “hugged” by the mattress without sinking into it too deeply.
Transition layers likewise assist promote back alignment for side sleepers and reduce pressure points that can develop in side sleepers’ shoulders and hips. Sleepers’ hips and shoulders sink in deeper to the mattress, while the shift layer supports the belly, so the spinal column stays straight. The Puffy mattress rates highly with side sleepers because of this dynamic.
The mattress also has a 6-inch base layer made up of Firm Core Support high-density polyfoam, which sits directly below the transitional layer in the Puffy mattress. The polyfoam base provides support to sleepers in all sleep positions. The mattress rates 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, which is thought about a medium firmness.
Sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds feel most supported by the Puffy’s medium firmness. Those who weigh between 130 and 230 pounds, specifically those who choose to sleep on their sides, also enjoy the Puffy. The medium firmness isn’t adequately helpful for the majority of sleepers over 230 pounds.
The Puffy Mattress struck the marketplace in 2017 after years of research and development, foam formulations, and sleep trials. The Puffy brand name exists to produce a “ideal” sleep system that is specifically targeted at individuals who have neck and back pain.
All Puffy items are made in the USA and the foam used in each mattress is CertiPUR-US ® Licensed. Puffy likewise offers a luxury mattress called the Puffy Lux..
On the social good front, Puffy partners with numerous nonprofits throughout the country to contribute mattresses to children in need.
- While heavier sleepers may likewise enjoy the Puffy, it is an ideal fit for those listed below 130 pounds. The Puffy, with its medium firmness and extra-soft sleep surface area, offers light-weight sleepers both pressure relief and support.
- Side sleepers listed below 230 pounds. Individuals who sleep on their side can often establish pressure points at their hip and shoulder. The Puffy solutions this with highly contouring memory foam, which compresses at prospective pressure points while curving to support the waist.
- Clients thinking about remarkable pressure relief. Our pressure mapping tests revealed that the Puffy deals outstanding pressure relief for all sleeper types, even when compared to other memory foam designs. However, average-weight and heavier sleepers may find it to be too soft.
Not Recommended for…
- Sleepers over 230 pounds. As a medium mattress with a soft sleep surface area, the Puffy is unlikely to use heavier sleepers the support they require. At 10 inches tall, its comfort layers may also be too shallow for some heavy sleepers.
- Stomach sleepers. While the Puffy may be appealing to some individuals who sleep on their stomach, others will discover that their hips tend to sink out of alignment with their spinal column. With time, this can trigger tightness and neck and back pain.
Mattress Prices and Sizing
The Puffy is more affordable than similar all-foam mattresses of its quality. You can purchase the Puffy in all standard mattresses sizes: twin, twin XL, complete, queen, king, and California king. The Puffy measures 10 inches in density, despite size. All of the initial Puffy mattresses are the same firmness level, which is medium, or 5 out of 10.
|Twin||39″ x 75″||10″||41 lbs.||$795|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″||10″||45 lbs.||$825|
|Full||54″ x 75″||10″||58 lbs.||$995|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||10″||69 lbs.||$1150|
|King||76″ x 80″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
|California King||72″ x 84″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
Is the Puffy Mattress Right for You? Best Value Pillow Top Mattress
The Puffy is an all-foam mattress in a box with a medium firmness that is excellent for a wide range of sleepers. I was also impressed with the infusion of a cooling gel to assist resist memory foam heat trap. When sleeping on a mattress that isn’t the best firmness for their sleep design, I likewise believe the Puffy does a great job of minimizing aches and pains that some people experience. Best Value Pillow Top Mattress