Looking for Cnet Air Mattress Best…
The Puffy mattress is one of 3 all-foam beds used by the Puffy company. It rates medium, or 5 out of 10, on the firmness scale, making it an excellent option for lighter sleepers. The Puffy is their most affordable model, sold at price-points that are about half of the cost of the Puffy Lux, and less than half of the Puffy Royal.
All of the Puffy mattresses are made in the United States and come with a life time warranty. The major distinguishing feature amongst them is the distinction in mattress height, which is due to distinctions in comfort foam layers. The Puffy steps 10 inches thick, whereas the Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal determine 12 and 14 inches respectively.
As an all-foam mattress, the Puffy supplies sleepers with a soft, cushiony feel. Sleepers who take pleasure in deeply contouring memory foam will like this mattress. The Puffy provides sleepers the feeling of being hugged by their mattress since of its memory foam convenience layer. Individuals will seem like they are sleeping “in” the Puffy, instead of resting on top of it.
The leading comfort layer of the Puffy is gel-infused Cooling Cloud memory foam. This layer offers cushion and nestles the body. The gel infusion is meant to help reduce the quantity of heat caught by the mattress. Memory foam typically traps heat, which can end up being an issue for sleepers who tend to sleep hot. This foam is crafted to offer extra support along the edges, though some individuals may still see a bit sinkage while sleeping or sitting near the perimeter.
Below the memory foam layer of the Puffy lies 2 inches of Cloud Environment transitional polyfoam. Shift layers permit sleepers to feel like they’re being “hugged” by the mattress without sinking into it too deeply.
Transition layers also assist promote spinal positioning for side sleepers and reduce pressure points that can establish in side sleepers’ hips and shoulders. Sleepers’ shoulders and hips sink in much deeper to the mattress, while the transition layer supports the stomach, so the spinal column remains straight. Since of this dynamic, the Puffy mattress rates highly with side sleepers.
The mattress likewise has a 6-inch base layer composed of Company Core Support high-density polyfoam, which sits straight listed below the transitional layer in the Puffy mattress. The polyfoam base supplies support to sleepers in all sleep positions. The mattress rates 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, which is thought about a medium firmness.
Sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds feel most supported by the Puffy’s medium firmness. Those who weigh in between 130 and 230 pounds, specifically those who prefer to sleep on their sides, also delight in the Puffy. The medium firmness isn’t sufficiently encouraging for most sleepers over 230 pounds.
The Puffy Mattress hit the market in 2017 after years of research and development, foam solutions, and sleep trials. The Puffy brand name exists to produce a “perfect” sleep system that is specifically targeted at people who have pain in the back.
All Puffy items are made in the USA and the foam utilized in each mattress is CertiPUR-US ® Certified. Puffy also sells a luxury mattress called the Puffy Lux..
On the social good front, Puffy partners with numerous nonprofits throughout the nation to contribute bed mattress to kids in need.
- Lightweight sleepers. While much heavier sleepers might also enjoy the Puffy, it is a perfect fit for those below 130 pounds. Lighter sleepers compress the foam less, so firm mattresses can feel annoyingly hard. The Puffy, with its medium firmness and extra-soft sleep surface, provides light-weight sleepers both pressure relief and support.
- Side sleepers listed below 230 pounds. People who sleep on their side can in some cases develop pressure points at their hip and shoulder. The Puffy solutions this with extremely contouring memory foam, which compresses at possible pressure points while curving to support the waist.
- Clients interested in remarkable pressure relief. Our pressure mapping tests showed that the Puffy offers exceptional pressure relief for all sleeper types, even when compared to other memory foam designs. Nevertheless, average-weight and heavier sleepers might find it to be too soft.
Not Recommended for…
- Sleepers over 230 pounds. As a medium mattress with a soft sleep surface, the Puffy is not likely to offer much heavier sleepers the support they require. At 10 inches tall, its convenience layers may also be too shallow for some heavy sleepers.
- Stomach sleepers. While the Puffy might be interesting some people who sleep on their stomach, others will discover that their hips tend to sink out of alignment with their spinal column. Over time, this can cause stiffness and pain in the back.
Mattress Prices and Sizing
The Puffy is more cost effective than comparable all-foam mattresses of its quality. You can acquire the Puffy in all basic bed mattress sizes: twin, twin XL, complete, queen, king, and California king. The Puffy measures 10 inches in thickness, regardless of size. All of the original Puffy bed mattress are the same firmness level, which is medium, or 5 out of 10.
|Twin||39″ x 75″||10″||41 lbs.||$795|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″||10″||45 lbs.||$825|
|Full||54″ x 75″||10″||58 lbs.||$995|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||10″||69 lbs.||$1150|
|King||76″ x 80″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
|California King||72″ x 84″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
Is the Puffy Mattress Right for You? Cnet Air Mattress Best
The Puffy is an all-foam mattress in a box with a medium firmness that is great for a wide variety of sleepers. I was also impressed with the infusion of a cooling gel to assist defend against memory foam heat trap. When sleeping on a mattress that isn’t the ideal firmness for their sleep style, I likewise believe the Puffy does a great job of lowering aches and discomforts that some people experience. Cnet Air Mattress Best