Looking for Consumer Report Best Mattress…
The Puffy mattress is among three all-foam beds used by the Puffy company. It rates medium, or 5 out of 10, on the firmness scale, making it a great alternative for lighter sleepers. The Puffy is their most cost effective design, sold at price-points that have to do with half of the cost of the Puffy Lux, and less than half of the Puffy Royal.
All of the Puffy mattresses are made in the United States and included a lifetime guarantee. The significant distinguishing feature among them is the difference in mattress height, which is due to distinctions in comfort foam layers. The Puffy procedures 10 inches thick, whereas the Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal determine 12 and 14 inches respectively.
As an all-foam mattress, the Puffy provides sleepers with a soft, cushiony feel. Due to the fact that of its memory foam comfort layer, the Puffy gives sleepers the feeling of being hugged by their mattress.
The top comfort layer of the Puffy is gel-infused Cooling Cloud memory foam. The gel infusion is planned to help decrease the amount of heat trapped by the mattress.
Below the memory foam layer of the Puffy lies 2 inches of Cloud Environment transitional polyfoam. Transition layers enable sleepers to feel like they’re being “hugged” by the mattress without sinking into it too deeply.
Transition layers also assist promote back positioning for side sleepers and minimize pressure points that can develop in side sleepers’ hips and shoulders. Sleepers’ shoulders and hips sink in deeper to the mattress, while the transition layer supports the stomach, so the spine remains straight. Due to the fact that of this dynamic, the Puffy mattress rates extremely with side sleepers.
The mattress likewise has a 6-inch base layer made up of Firm Core Assistance high-density polyfoam, which sits directly listed below the transitional layer in the Puffy mattress. The polyfoam base offers support to sleepers in all sleep positions. The mattress rates 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, which is considered a medium firmness.
Sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds feel most supported by the Puffy’s medium firmness. Those who weigh between 130 and 230 pounds, particularly those who choose to sleep on their sides, likewise delight in the Puffy. The medium firmness isn’t sufficiently supportive for a lot of sleepers over 230 pounds.
The Puffy Mattress struck the marketplace in 2017 after years of research and development, foam solutions, and sleep trials. The Puffy brand exists to produce a “perfect” sleep system that is particularly targeted at people who have neck and back pain.
All Puffy items are made in the USA and the foam utilized in each mattress is CertiPUR-US ® Qualified. Puffy likewise offers a luxury mattress called the Puffy Lux..
On the social good front, Puffy partners with numerous nonprofits throughout the country to contribute bed mattress to children in need.
- Light-weight sleepers. While much heavier sleepers might also delight in the Puffy, it is a perfect fit for those below 130 pounds. Lighter sleepers compress the foam less, so firm mattresses can feel annoyingly hard. The Puffy, with its medium firmness and extra-soft sleep surface, uses light-weight sleepers both pressure relief and support.
- Side sleepers listed below 230 pounds. Individuals who sleep on their side can sometimes develop pressure points at their hip and shoulder. The Puffy remedies this with extremely contouring memory foam, which compresses at potential pressure points while curving to support the waist.
- Clients interested in extraordinary pressure relief. Our pressure mapping tests revealed that the Puffy offers outstanding pressure relief for all sleeper types, even when compared to other memory foam designs. Nevertheless, average-weight and heavier sleepers may discover it to be too soft.
Not Recommended for…
- Sleepers over 230 pounds. As a medium mattress with a soft sleep surface area, the Puffy is not likely to offer heavier sleepers the support they need. At 10 inches tall, its comfort layers may also be too shallow for some heavy sleepers.
- Stomach sleepers. While the Puffy may be appealing to some individuals who sleep on their stomach, others will discover that their hips tend to sink out of alignment with their spinal column. Gradually, this can trigger stiffness and neck and back pain.
Mattress Prices and Sizing
The Puffy is more affordable than similar all-foam mattresses of its quality. All of the initial Puffy bed mattress are the exact same firmness level, which is medium, or 5 out of 10.
|Twin||39″ x 75″||10″||41 lbs.||$795|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″||10″||45 lbs.||$825|
|Full||54″ x 75″||10″||58 lbs.||$995|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||10″||69 lbs.||$1150|
|King||76″ x 80″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
|California King||72″ x 84″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
Is the Puffy Mattress Right for You? Consumer Report Best Mattress
The Puffy is an all-foam mattress in a box with a medium firmness that is fantastic for a wide variety of sleepers. I was likewise impressed with the infusion of a cooling gel to assist prevent memory foam heat trap. When sleeping on a mattress that isn’t the right firmness for their sleep style, I likewise think the Puffy does an excellent job of reducing pains and discomforts that some individuals experience. Consumer Report Best Mattress