Looking for Consumer’s Report Best Mattress…
The Puffy mattress is one of three all-foam beds offered by the Puffy company. It ranks medium, or 5 out of 10, on the firmness scale, making it a good choice for lighter sleepers. The Puffy is their most inexpensive design, cost price-points that are about half of the cost of the Puffy Lux, and less than half of the Puffy Royal.
All of the Puffy bed mattress are made in the US and come with a life time warranty. The significant distinguishing feature among them is the difference in mattress height, which is because of distinctions in comfort foam layers. The Puffy steps 10 inches thick, whereas the Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal measure 12 and 14 inches respectively.
As an all-foam mattress, the Puffy provides sleepers with a soft, cushiony feel. Sleepers who delight in deeply contouring memory foam will like this mattress. Because of its memory foam comfort layer, the Puffy gives sleepers the sensation of being hugged by their mattress. Individuals will seem like they are sleeping “in” the Puffy, instead of resting on top of it.
The top comfort layer of the Puffy is gel-infused Cooling Cloud memory foam. This layer provides cushion and cradles the body. The gel infusion is planned to help in reducing the quantity of heat trapped by the mattress. Memory foam commonly traps heat, which can become an issue for sleepers who tend to sleep hot. This foam is crafted to supply extra support along the edges, though some people may still discover a bit sinkage while sitting or sleeping near the border.
Listed below the memory foam layer of the Puffy lies 2 inches of Cloud Climate transitional polyfoam. Transition layers enable sleepers to feel like they’re being “hugged” by the mattress without sinking into it too deeply.
Transition layers likewise help promote spinal positioning for side sleepers and lower pressure points that can establish in side sleepers’ shoulders and hips. Sleepers’ hips and shoulders sink in deeper to the mattress, while the transition layer supports the stomach, so the spine remains straight. Because of this dynamic, the Puffy mattress rates highly with side sleepers.
The mattress likewise has a 6-inch base layer made up of Firm Core Assistance high-density polyfoam, which sits straight listed below the transitional layer in the Puffy mattress. The polyfoam base provides support to sleepers in all sleep positions. The mattress rates 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, which is thought about a medium firmness.
Sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds feel most supported by the Puffy’s medium firmness. Those who weigh in between 130 and 230 pounds, especially those who choose to sleep on their sides, also enjoy the Puffy. The medium firmness isn’t sufficiently supportive for most sleepers over 230 pounds.
The Puffy Mattress struck the market in 2017 after years of research and development, foam formulations, and sleep trials. The Puffy brand name exists to develop a “ideal” sleep system that is particularly targeted at people who have pain in the back.
All Puffy products are made in the USA and the foam utilized in each mattress is CertiPUR-US ® Certified. Puffy likewise offers a luxury mattress called the Puffy Lux..
On the social great front, Puffy partners with different nonprofits throughout the nation to donate mattresses to children in need.
- Lightweight sleepers. While much heavier sleepers may also enjoy the Puffy, it is a perfect suitable for those listed below 130 pounds. Lighter sleepers compress the foam less, so firm mattresses can feel annoyingly hard. The Puffy, with its medium firmness and extra-soft sleep surface area, uses light-weight sleepers both pressure relief and assistance.
- Side sleepers below 230 pounds. Individuals who sleep on their side can often develop pressure points at their hip and shoulder. The Puffy remedies this with highly contouring memory foam, which compresses at prospective pressure points while curving to support the waist.
- Consumers interested in extraordinary pressure relief. Our pressure mapping tests revealed that the Puffy deals outstanding pressure relief for all sleeper types, even when compared to other memory foam designs. Average-weight and much heavier sleepers might discover it to be too soft.
Not Recommended for…
- Sleepers over 230 pounds. As a medium mattress with a soft sleep surface area, the Puffy is unlikely to use heavier sleepers the assistance they need. At 10 inches tall, its comfort layers may also be too shallow for some heavy sleepers.
- Stomach sleepers. While the Puffy may be interesting some people who sleep on their stomach, others will find that their hips tend to sink out of alignment with their spinal column. With time, this can cause tightness and back pain.
Mattress Prices and Sizing
The Puffy is more affordable than comparable all-foam mattresses of its quality. You can acquire the Puffy in all standard bed mattress sizes: twin, twin XL, complete, queen, king, and California king. The Puffy steps 10 inches in density, regardless of size. All of the initial Puffy mattresses are the same firmness level, which is medium, or 5 out of 10.
|Twin||39″ x 75″||10″||41 lbs.||$795|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″||10″||45 lbs.||$825|
|Full||54″ x 75″||10″||58 lbs.||$995|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||10″||69 lbs.||$1150|
|King||76″ x 80″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
|California King||72″ x 84″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
Is the Puffy Mattress Right for You? Consumer’s Report Best Mattress
The Puffy is an all-foam mattress in a box with a medium firmness that is fantastic for a large range of sleepers. I was likewise impressed with the infusion of a cooling gel to assist defend against memory foam heat trap. When sleeping on a mattress that isn’t the right firmness for their sleep design, I likewise believe the Puffy does a good task of decreasing aches and discomforts that some people experience. Consumer’s Report Best Mattress