Looking for Denver Mattress Doctor\’s Best…
The Puffy mattress is one of three all-foam beds offered by the Puffy company. It ranks medium, or 5 out of 10, on the firmness scale, making it a great choice for lighter sleepers. The Puffy is their most cost effective design, cost price-points that are about half of the expense of the Puffy Lux, and less than half of the Puffy Royal.
All of the Puffy bed mattress are made in the United States and come with a lifetime service warranty. The major distinguishing feature amongst them is the distinction in mattress height, which is because of distinctions in comfort foam layers. The Puffy procedures 10 inches thick, whereas the Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal measure 12 and 14 inches respectively.
As an all-foam mattress, the Puffy provides sleepers with a soft, cushiony feel. Because of its memory foam convenience layer, the Puffy offers sleepers the feeling of being hugged by their mattress.
The leading convenience layer of the Puffy is gel-infused Cooling Cloud memory foam. This layer provides cushion and nestles the body. The gel infusion is planned to help reduce the quantity of heat trapped by the mattress. Memory foam typically traps heat, which can end up being an issue for sleepers who tend to sleep hot. This foam is crafted to provide additional reinforcement along the edges, though some people might still see a bit sinkage while sitting or sleeping near the perimeter.
Below the memory foam layer of the Puffy lies 2 inches of Cloud Environment transitional polyfoam. Shift layers are firmer than comfort layers, yet softer than assistance layers. They supply both assistance and cushion. Likewise, transition layers permit sleepers to seem like they’re being “hugged” by the mattress without sinking into it too deeply.
Transition layers likewise assist promote spine alignment for side sleepers and decrease pressure points that can develop in side sleepers’ shoulders and hips. Sleepers’ hips and shoulders sink in deeper to the mattress, while the shift layer supports the midsection, so the spine remains straight. The Puffy mattress rates highly with side sleepers because of this dynamic.
The mattress likewise has a 6-inch base layer composed of Company Core Support high-density polyfoam, which sits straight listed below the transitional layer in the Puffy mattress. The polyfoam base provides support to sleepers in all sleep positions. The mattress rates 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, which is considered a medium firmness.
Sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds feel most supported by the Puffy’s medium firmness. Those who weigh in between 130 and 230 pounds, especially those who choose to sleep on their sides, likewise enjoy the Puffy. The medium firmness isn’t effectively supportive for a lot of sleepers over 230 pounds.
The Puffy Mattress struck the market in 2017 after years of research and development, foam formulations, and sleep trials. The Puffy brand name exists to produce a “best” sleep system that is specifically targeted at individuals who have back pain.
All Puffy products are made in the USA and the foam utilized in each mattress is CertiPUR-US ® Qualified. Puffy also offers a luxury mattress called the Puffy Lux..
On the social good front, Puffy partners with various nonprofits throughout the nation to donate mattresses to children in need.
- Lightweight sleepers. While much heavier sleepers may also enjoy the Puffy, it is an ideal suitable for those listed below 130 pounds. Lighter sleepers compress the foam less, so firm mattresses can feel uncomfortably hard. The Puffy, with its medium firmness and extra-soft sleep surface area, offers light-weight sleepers both pressure relief and assistance.
- Side sleepers below 230 pounds. Individuals who sleep on their side can sometimes develop pressure points at their hip and shoulder. The Puffy treatments this with highly contouring memory foam, which compresses at prospective pressure points while curving to support the waist.
- Customers interested in remarkable pressure relief. Our pressure mapping tests revealed that the Puffy offers outstanding pressure relief for all sleeper types, even when compared to other memory foam designs. Average-weight and much heavier sleepers might discover it to be too soft.
Not Recommended for…
- Sleepers over 230 pounds. As a medium mattress with a soft sleep surface area, the Puffy is not likely to provide much heavier sleepers the assistance they require. At 10 inches tall, its convenience layers may also be too shallow for some heavy sleepers.
- Stomach sleepers. While the Puffy may be appealing to some people who sleep on their stomach, others will discover that their hips tend to sink out of positioning with their spine. Over time, this can cause tightness and pain in the back.
Mattress Prices and Sizing
The Puffy is more inexpensive than comparable all-foam bed mattress of its quality. All of the initial Puffy bed mattress are the same firmness level, which is medium, or 5 out of 10.
|Twin||39″ x 75″||10″||41 lbs.||$795|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″||10″||45 lbs.||$825|
|Full||54″ x 75″||10″||58 lbs.||$995|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||10″||69 lbs.||$1150|
|King||76″ x 80″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
|California King||72″ x 84″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
Is the Puffy Mattress Right for You? Denver Mattress Doctor\’s Best
The Puffy is an all-foam mattress in a box with a medium firmness that is fantastic for a vast array of sleepers. I was also impressed with the infusion of a cooling gel to help resist memory foam heat trap. When sleeping on a mattress that isn’t the right firmness for their sleep style, I also believe the Puffy does a good job of decreasing aches and discomforts that some individuals experience. Denver Mattress Doctor\’s Best