Looking for Ikea Sultan Memory Foam Mattress…
The Puffy mattress is among three all-foam beds used by the Puffy company. It rates medium, or 5 out of 10, on the firmness scale, making it a good option for lighter sleepers. The Puffy is their most inexpensive model, sold at price-points that are about half of the cost of the Puffy Lux, and less than half of the Puffy Royal.
All of the Puffy mattresses are manufactured in the US and come with a lifetime guarantee. The major distinguishing feature among them is the difference in mattress height, which is because of distinctions in comfort foam layers. The Puffy steps 10 inches thick, whereas the Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal determine 12 and 14 inches respectively.
As an all-foam mattress, the Puffy supplies sleepers with a soft, cushiony feel. Because of its memory foam convenience layer, the Puffy offers sleepers the sensation of being hugged by their mattress.
The top convenience layer of the Puffy is gel-infused Cooling Cloud memory foam. This layer offers cushion and cradles the body. The gel infusion is intended to help reduce the quantity of heat trapped by the mattress. Memory foam commonly traps heat, which can end up being a problem for sleepers who tend to sleep hot. This foam is engineered to provide extra support along the edges, though some people may still see a bit sinkage while sleeping or sitting near the perimeter.
Below the memory foam layer of the Puffy lies 2 inches of Cloud Climate transitional polyfoam. Shift layers are firmer than comfort layers, yet softer than assistance layers. They supply both support and cushion. Likewise, transition layers permit sleepers to seem like they’re being “hugged” by the mattress without sinking into it too deeply.
Shift layers also help promote spine alignment for side sleepers and decrease pressure points that can establish in side sleepers’ hips and shoulders. Sleepers’ hips and shoulders sink in deeper to the mattress, while the shift layer supports the belly, so the spinal column stays straight. The Puffy mattress rates highly with side sleepers because of this dynamic.
The mattress likewise has a 6-inch base layer made up of Firm Core Assistance high-density polyfoam, which sits straight below the transitional layer in the Puffy mattress. The polyfoam base supplies support to sleepers in all sleep positions. The mattress rates 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, which is considered a medium firmness.
Sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds feel most supported by the Puffy’s medium firmness. Those who weigh between 130 and 230 pounds, particularly those who prefer to sleep on their sides, likewise take pleasure in the Puffy. The medium firmness isn’t effectively encouraging for the majority of sleepers over 230 pounds.
The Puffy Mattress struck the marketplace in 2017 after years of research and development, foam solutions, and sleep trials. The Puffy brand name exists to produce a “perfect” sleep system that is specifically targeted at individuals who have neck and back pain.
All Puffy products are made in the U.S.A. and the foam used in each mattress is CertiPUR-US ® Qualified. Puffy likewise sells a high-end mattress called the Puffy Lux..
On the social great front, Puffy partners with different nonprofits throughout the country to donate bed mattress to children in need.
- Light-weight sleepers. While heavier sleepers might also take pleasure in the Puffy, it is a perfect fit for those below 130 pounds. Lighter sleepers compress the foam less, so firm mattresses can feel uncomfortably hard. The Puffy, with its medium firmness and extra-soft sleep surface, offers lightweight sleepers both pressure relief and assistance.
- Side sleepers below 230 pounds. Individuals who sleep on their side can in some cases establish pressure points at their hip and shoulder. The Puffy solutions this with highly contouring memory foam, which compresses at potential pressure points while curving to support the waist.
- Consumers interested in exceptional pressure relief. Our pressure mapping tests showed that the Puffy offers exceptional pressure relief for all sleeper types, even when compared to other memory foam models. Average-weight and much heavier sleepers might discover it to be too soft.
Not Recommended for…
- Sleepers over 230 pounds. As a medium mattress with a soft sleep surface, the Puffy is unlikely to provide heavier sleepers the support they require. At 10 inches tall, its convenience layers may likewise be too shallow for some heavy sleepers.
- Stomach sleepers. While the Puffy might be interesting some people who sleep on their stomach, others will find that their hips tend to sink out of alignment with their spinal column. Gradually, this can cause tightness and back pain.
Mattress Prices and Sizing
The Puffy is more cost effective than equivalent all-foam bed mattress of its quality. All of the initial Puffy mattresses are the very same firmness level, which is medium, or 5 out of 10.
|Twin||39″ x 75″||10″||41 lbs.||$795|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″||10″||45 lbs.||$825|
|Full||54″ x 75″||10″||58 lbs.||$995|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||10″||69 lbs.||$1150|
|King||76″ x 80″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
|California King||72″ x 84″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
Is the Puffy Mattress Right for You? Ikea Sultan Memory Foam Mattress
The Puffy is an all-foam mattress in a box with a medium firmness that is great for a vast array of sleepers. I was also impressed with the infusion of a cooling gel to assist prevent memory foam heat trap. When sleeping on a mattress that isn’t the right firmness for their sleep style, I likewise believe the Puffy does a great job of lowering aches and discomforts that some people experience. Ikea Sultan Memory Foam Mattress