Looking for Memory Foam Mattress 44 ” Wide…
The Puffy mattress is one of three all-foam beds provided by the Puffy company. It ranks medium, or 5 out of 10, on the firmness scale, making it an excellent alternative for lighter sleepers. The Puffy is their most cost effective model, sold at price-points that are about half of the expense of the Puffy Lux, and less than half of the Puffy Royal.
All of the Puffy bed mattress are made in the United States and featured a lifetime warranty. The major distinguishing feature amongst them is the distinction in mattress height, which is due to distinctions in comfort foam layers. The Puffy measures 10 inches thick, whereas the Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal determine 12 and 14 inches respectively.
As an all-foam mattress, the Puffy provides sleepers with a soft, cushiony feel. Sleepers who enjoy deeply contouring memory foam will like this mattress. Because of its memory foam convenience layer, the Puffy provides sleepers the sensation of being hugged by their mattress. Individuals will seem like they are sleeping “in” the Puffy, instead of resting on top of it.
The top convenience layer of the Puffy is gel-infused Cooling Cloud memory foam. This layer offers cushion and cradles the body. The gel infusion is meant to help reduce the quantity of heat trapped by the mattress. Memory foam typically traps heat, which can become an issue for sleepers who tend to sleep hot. This foam is engineered to provide extra reinforcement along the edges, though some people may still see a bit sinkage while sitting or sleeping near the perimeter.
Below the memory foam layer of the Puffy lies 2 inches of Cloud Environment transitional polyfoam. Shift layers are firmer than convenience layers, yet softer than support layers. They provide both assistance and cushion. Likewise, shift layers enable sleepers to seem like they’re being “hugged” by the mattress without sinking into it too deeply.
Shift layers also assist promote spinal alignment for side sleepers and reduce pressure points that can establish in side sleepers’ hips and shoulders. Sleepers’ hips and shoulders sink in deeper to the mattress, while the transition layer supports the midsection, so the spinal column stays straight. The Puffy mattress rates highly with side sleepers because of this dynamic.
The mattress likewise has a 6-inch base layer composed of Firm Core Assistance high-density polyfoam, which sits directly listed below the transitional layer in the Puffy mattress. The polyfoam base provides assistance to sleepers in all sleep positions. The mattress rates 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, which is thought about a medium firmness.
Sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds feel most supported by the Puffy’s medium firmness. Those who weigh between 130 and 230 pounds, specifically those who prefer to sleep on their sides, likewise delight in the Puffy. The medium firmness isn’t properly supportive for the majority of sleepers over 230 pounds.
The Puffy Mattress hit the marketplace in 2017 after years of research and development, foam solutions, and sleep trials. The Puffy brand exists to create a “best” sleep system that is particularly targeted at individuals who have pain in the back.
All Puffy items are made in the U.S.A. and the foam utilized in each mattress is CertiPUR-US ® Qualified. Puffy likewise sells a high-end mattress called the Puffy Lux..
On the social great front, Puffy partners with various nonprofits throughout the country to contribute bed mattress to kids in need.
- Lightweight sleepers. While heavier sleepers may also enjoy the Puffy, it is an ideal fit for those listed below 130 pounds. Lighter sleepers compress the foam less, so firm mattresses can feel uncomfortably hard. The Puffy, with its medium firmness and extra-soft sleep surface area, offers lightweight sleepers both pressure relief and assistance.
- Side sleepers below 230 pounds. People who sleep on their side can in some cases develop pressure points at their hip and shoulder. The Puffy remedies this with highly contouring memory foam, which compresses at possible pressure points while curving to support the waist.
- Consumers interested in extraordinary pressure relief. Our pressure mapping tests revealed that the Puffy deals excellent pressure relief for all sleeper types, even when compared to other memory foam designs. Average-weight and much heavier sleepers might discover it to be too soft.
Not Recommended for…
- Sleepers over 230 pounds. As a medium mattress with a soft sleep surface, the Puffy is unlikely to use heavier sleepers the assistance they require. At 10 inches high, its convenience layers may also be too shallow for some heavy sleepers.
- Stomach sleepers. While the Puffy may be attracting some individuals who sleep on their stomach, others will discover that their hips tend to sink out of alignment with their spine. Over time, this can cause tightness and back pain.
Mattress Prices and Sizing
The Puffy is more cost effective than similar all-foam bed mattress of its quality. You can buy the Puffy in all standard mattresses sizes: twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, and California king. The Puffy measures 10 inches in density, despite size. All of the original Puffy bed mattress are the same firmness level, which is medium, or 5 out of 10.
|Twin||39″ x 75″||10″||41 lbs.||$795|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″||10″||45 lbs.||$825|
|Full||54″ x 75″||10″||58 lbs.||$995|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||10″||69 lbs.||$1150|
|King||76″ x 80″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
|California King||72″ x 84″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
Is the Puffy Mattress Right for You? Memory Foam Mattress 44 ” Wide
The Puffy is an all-foam mattress in a box with a medium firmness that is excellent for a large range of sleepers. I was also impressed with the infusion of a cooling gel to help resist memory foam heat trap. When sleeping on a mattress that isn’t the best firmness for their sleep style, I also think the Puffy does a good task of decreasing aches and discomforts that some people experience. Memory Foam Mattress 44 ” Wide