Looking for Memory Foam Mattress For Side Sleeper Pain…
The Puffy mattress is among 3 all-foam beds provided by the Puffy company. It ranks medium, or 5 out of 10, on the firmness scale, making it a great choice for lighter sleepers. The Puffy is their most budget-friendly design, sold at price-points that have to do with half of the cost of the Puffy Lux, and less than half of the Puffy Royal.
All of the Puffy bed mattress are made in the US and featured a lifetime guarantee. The major distinguishing feature among them is the distinction in mattress height, which is because of distinctions in comfort foam layers. The Puffy measures 10 inches thick, whereas the Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal measure 12 and 14 inches respectively.
As an all-foam mattress, the Puffy supplies sleepers with a soft, cushiony feel. Because of its memory foam convenience layer, the Puffy gives sleepers the experience of being hugged by their mattress.
The top convenience layer of the Puffy is gel-infused Cooling Cloud memory foam. This layer provides cushion and nestles the body. The gel infusion is meant to help in reducing the quantity of heat trapped by the mattress. Memory foam frequently traps heat, which can end up being an issue for sleepers who tend to sleep hot. This foam is crafted to offer extra support along the edges, though some people may still observe a bit sinkage while sleeping or sitting near the boundary.
Below the memory foam layer of the Puffy lies 2 inches of Cloud Climate transitional polyfoam. Shift layers are firmer than comfort layers, yet softer than support layers. They supply both support and cushion. Transition layers permit sleepers to feel like they’re being “hugged” by the mattress without sinking into it too deeply.
Shift layers likewise assist promote spinal alignment for side sleepers and decrease pressure points that can establish in side sleepers’ hips and shoulders. Sleepers’ hips and shoulders sink in deeper to the mattress, while the shift layer supports the midsection, so the spine stays straight. The Puffy mattress rates highly with side sleepers because of this dynamic.
The mattress also has a 6-inch base layer made up of Firm Core Support high-density polyfoam, which sits straight listed below the transitional layer in the Puffy mattress. The polyfoam base provides support to sleepers in all sleep positions. The mattress rates 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, which is considered a medium firmness.
Sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds feel most supported by the Puffy’s medium firmness. Those who weigh in between 130 and 230 pounds, specifically those who prefer to sleep on their sides, likewise take pleasure in the Puffy. The medium firmness isn’t properly supportive for a lot of sleepers over 230 pounds.
The Puffy Mattress hit the market in 2017 after years of research and development, foam solutions, and sleep trials. The Puffy brand exists to create a “best” sleep system that is particularly targeted at people who have back pain.
All Puffy products are made in the USA and the foam used in each mattress is CertiPUR-US ® Certified. Puffy also sells a luxury mattress called the Puffy Lux..
On the social excellent front, Puffy partners with numerous nonprofits throughout the country to donate bed mattress to kids in need.
- Light-weight sleepers. While heavier sleepers might also delight in the Puffy, it is a perfect fit for those listed below 130 pounds. Lighter sleepers compress the foam less, so firm bed mattress can feel uncomfortably hard. The Puffy, with its medium firmness and extra-soft sleep surface, uses light-weight sleepers both pressure relief and assistance.
- Side sleepers listed below 230 pounds. People who sleep on their side can sometimes establish pressure points at their hip and shoulder. The Puffy treatments this with extremely contouring memory foam, which compresses at prospective pressure points while curving to support the waist.
- Clients thinking about exceptional pressure relief. Our pressure mapping tests revealed that the Puffy offers exceptional pressure relief for all sleeper types, even when compared to other memory foam designs. Average-weight and heavier sleepers may discover it to be too soft.
Not Recommended for…
- Sleepers over 230 pounds. As a medium mattress with a soft sleep surface, the Puffy is unlikely to use much heavier sleepers the support they require. At 10 inches tall, its comfort layers might also be too shallow for some heavy sleepers.
- Stomach sleepers. While the Puffy may be appealing to some people who sleep on their stomach, others will find that their hips tend to sink out of alignment with their spine. With time, this can cause stiffness and neck and back pain.
Mattress Prices and Sizing
The Puffy is more budget-friendly than similar all-foam mattresses of its quality. You can acquire the Puffy in all basic mattresses sizes: twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, and California king. The Puffy measures 10 inches in thickness, despite size. All of the original Puffy mattresses are the same firmness level, which is medium, or 5 out of 10.
|Twin||39″ x 75″||10″||41 lbs.||$795|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″||10″||45 lbs.||$825|
|Full||54″ x 75″||10″||58 lbs.||$995|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||10″||69 lbs.||$1150|
|King||76″ x 80″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
|California King||72″ x 84″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
Is the Puffy Mattress Right for You? Memory Foam Mattress For Side Sleeper Pain
The Puffy is an all-foam mattress in a box with a medium firmness that is terrific for a large range of sleepers. I was likewise impressed with the infusion of a cooling gel to help prevent memory foam heat trap. I also believe the Puffy does an excellent task of minimizing aches and discomforts that some people experience when sleeping on a mattress that isn’t the ideal firmness for their sleep style. Memory Foam Mattress For Side Sleeper Pain