Looking for Memory Foam Pocket Spring Mattress…
The Puffy mattress is one of three all-foam beds provided by the Puffy company. It rates medium, or 5 out of 10, on the firmness scale, making it a good choice for lighter sleepers. The Puffy is their most affordable design, sold at price-points that are about half of the cost of the Puffy Lux, and less than half of the Puffy Royal.
All of the Puffy bed mattress are manufactured in the US and featured a life time guarantee. The major distinguishing feature among them is the difference in mattress height, which is because of distinctions in comfort foam layers. The Puffy measures 10 inches thick, whereas the Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal determine 12 and 14 inches respectively.
As an all-foam mattress, the Puffy supplies sleepers with a soft, cushiony feel. Sleepers who delight in deeply contouring memory foam will like this mattress. The Puffy offers sleepers the feeling of being hugged by their mattress due to the fact that of its memory foam comfort layer. People will seem like they are sleeping “in” the Puffy, instead of resting on top of it.
The top convenience layer of the Puffy is gel-infused Cooling Cloud memory foam. This layer supplies cushion and nestles the body. The gel infusion is intended to help in reducing the quantity of heat trapped by the mattress. Memory foam commonly traps heat, which can become a problem for sleepers who tend to sleep hot. This foam is crafted to offer additional reinforcement along the edges, though some people might still notice a bit sinkage while sleeping or sitting near the border.
Below the memory foam layer of the Puffy lies 2 inches of Cloud Climate transitional polyfoam. Shift layers are firmer than convenience layers, yet softer than assistance layers. They supply both assistance and cushion. Also, transition layers enable sleepers to seem like they’re being “hugged” by the mattress without sinking into it too deeply.
Shift layers likewise help promote spine alignment for side sleepers and reduce pressure points that can develop in side sleepers’ shoulders and hips. Sleepers’ shoulders and hips sink in deeper to the mattress, while the transition layer supports the belly, so the spinal column stays straight. Since of this dynamic, the Puffy mattress rates highly with side sleepers.
The mattress also has a 6-inch base layer composed of Firm Core Support high-density polyfoam, which sits directly listed below the transitional layer in the Puffy mattress. The polyfoam base provides support to sleepers in all sleep positions. The mattress rates 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, which is considered a medium firmness.
Sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds feel most supported by the Puffy’s medium firmness. Those who weigh between 130 and 230 pounds, particularly those who choose to sleep on their sides, likewise enjoy the Puffy. The medium firmness isn’t sufficiently supportive for the majority of sleepers over 230 pounds.
The Puffy Mattress struck the marketplace in 2017 after years of research and development, foam formulations, and sleep trials. The Puffy brand name exists to produce a “perfect” sleep system that is specifically targeted at people who have back pain.
All Puffy products are made in the U.S.A. and the foam utilized in each mattress is CertiPUR-US ® Licensed. Puffy likewise sells a high-end mattress called the Puffy Lux..
On the social great front, Puffy partners with different nonprofits throughout the nation to donate bed mattress to children in need.
- Lightweight sleepers. While much heavier sleepers might also take pleasure in the Puffy, it is a perfect fit for those below 130 pounds. Lighter sleepers compress the foam less, so firm bed mattress can feel annoyingly hard. The Puffy, with its medium firmness and extra-soft sleep surface, uses light-weight sleepers both pressure relief and assistance.
- Side sleepers listed below 230 pounds. People who sleep on their side can sometimes establish pressure points at their hip and shoulder. The Puffy solutions this with highly contouring memory foam, which compresses at potential pressure points while curving to support the waist.
- Consumers thinking about extraordinary pressure relief. Our pressure mapping tests revealed that the Puffy offers exceptional pressure relief for all sleeper types, even when compared to other memory foam models. Average-weight and heavier sleepers might find it to be too soft.
Not Recommended for…
- Sleepers over 230 pounds. As a medium mattress with a soft sleep surface area, the Puffy is not likely to provide much heavier sleepers the assistance they need. At 10 inches high, its convenience layers might also be too shallow for some heavy sleepers.
- Stomach sleepers. While the Puffy might be interesting some people who sleep on their stomach, others will find that their hips tend to sink out of alignment with their spinal column. Over time, this can cause tightness and pain in the back.
Mattress Prices and Sizing
The Puffy is more budget friendly than similar all-foam bed mattress of its quality. All of the initial Puffy bed mattress are the very same firmness level, which is medium, or 5 out of 10.
|Twin||39″ x 75″||10″||41 lbs.||$795|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″||10″||45 lbs.||$825|
|Full||54″ x 75″||10″||58 lbs.||$995|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||10″||69 lbs.||$1150|
|King||76″ x 80″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
|California King||72″ x 84″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
Is the Puffy Mattress Right for You? Memory Foam Pocket Spring Mattress
The Puffy is an all-foam mattress in a box with a medium firmness that is great for a wide range of sleepers. I was also impressed with the infusion of a cooling gel to help resist memory foam heat trap. I likewise think the Puffy does an excellent task of minimizing aches and discomforts that some individuals experience when sleeping on a mattress that isn’t the ideal firmness for their sleep design. Memory Foam Pocket Spring Mattress