Looking for Memory Foam Topper Vs Mattress…
The Puffy mattress is one of 3 all-foam beds provided by the Puffy company. It ranks medium, or 5 out of 10, on the firmness scale, making it a good option for lighter sleepers. The Puffy is their most inexpensive design, cost price-points that have to do with half of the cost of the Puffy Lux, and less than half of the Puffy Royal.
All of the Puffy mattresses are manufactured in the United States and featured a life time guarantee. The significant distinguishing feature among them is the difference in mattress height, which is due to differences in comfort foam layers. The Puffy procedures 10 inches thick, whereas the Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal determine 12 and 14 inches respectively.
As an all-foam mattress, the Puffy offers sleepers with a soft, cushiony feel. Since of its memory foam convenience layer, the Puffy gives sleepers the sensation of being hugged by their mattress.
The leading convenience layer of the Puffy is gel-infused Cooling Cloud memory foam. This layer provides cushion and cradles the body. The gel infusion is intended to help in reducing the amount of heat caught by the mattress. Memory foam commonly traps heat, which can become an issue for sleepers who tend to sleep hot. This foam is engineered to offer additional support along the edges, though some people might still notice a bit sinkage while sleeping or sitting near the boundary.
Below the memory foam layer of the Puffy lies 2 inches of Cloud Climate transitional polyfoam. Shift layers are firmer than convenience layers, yet softer than support layers. They provide both assistance and cushion. Likewise, shift layers allow sleepers to seem like they’re being “hugged” by the mattress without sinking into it too deeply.
Shift layers also assist promote spinal alignment for side sleepers and reduce pressure points that can establish in side sleepers’ shoulders and hips. Sleepers’ shoulders and hips sink in deeper to the mattress, while the shift layer supports the midsection, so the spinal column stays straight. The Puffy mattress rates highly with side sleepers because of this dynamic.
The mattress also has a 6-inch base layer composed of Company Core Assistance high-density polyfoam, which sits straight below the transitional layer in the Puffy mattress. The polyfoam base supplies support to sleepers in all sleep positions. The mattress rates 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, which is thought about a medium firmness.
Sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds feel most supported by the Puffy’s medium firmness. Those who weigh between 130 and 230 pounds, particularly those who choose to sleep on their sides, likewise take pleasure in the Puffy. The medium firmness isn’t sufficiently helpful for most sleepers over 230 pounds.
The Puffy Mattress hit the market in 2017 after years of research and development, foam solutions, and sleep trials. The Puffy brand exists to produce a “ideal” sleep system that is specifically targeted at individuals who have back pain.
All Puffy products are made in the U.S.A. and the foam used in each mattress is CertiPUR-US ® Licensed. Puffy also sells a luxury mattress called the Puffy Lux..
On the social great front, Puffy partners with numerous nonprofits throughout the nation to contribute bed mattress to children in need.
- While much heavier sleepers may likewise enjoy the Puffy, it is a perfect fit for those listed below 130 pounds. The Puffy, with its medium firmness and extra-soft sleep surface, provides lightweight sleepers both pressure relief and support.
- Side sleepers listed below 230 pounds. Individuals who sleep on their side can sometimes develop pressure points at their hip and shoulder. The Puffy remedies this with highly contouring memory foam, which compresses at prospective pressure points while curving to support the waist.
- Consumers interested in remarkable pressure relief. Our pressure mapping tests revealed that the Puffy deals exceptional pressure relief for all sleeper types, even when compared to other memory foam models. However, average-weight and heavier sleepers might find it to be too soft.
Not Recommended for…
- Sleepers over 230 pounds. As a medium mattress with a soft sleep surface, the Puffy is not likely to provide much heavier sleepers the assistance they need. At 10 inches high, its comfort layers may also be too shallow for some heavy sleepers.
- Stomach sleepers. While the Puffy may be appealing to some people who sleep on their stomach, others will find that their hips tend to sink out of positioning with their spine. In time, this can trigger tightness and back pain.
Mattress Prices and Sizing
The Puffy is more inexpensive than comparable all-foam mattresses of its quality. You can buy the Puffy in all standard mattresses sizes: twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, and California king. The Puffy steps 10 inches in density, no matter size. All of the original Puffy mattresses are the same firmness level, which is medium, or 5 out of 10.
|Twin||39″ x 75″||10″||41 lbs.||$795|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″||10″||45 lbs.||$825|
|Full||54″ x 75″||10″||58 lbs.||$995|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||10″||69 lbs.||$1150|
|King||76″ x 80″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
|California King||72″ x 84″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
Is the Puffy Mattress Right for You? Memory Foam Topper Vs Mattress
The Puffy is an all-foam mattress in a box with a medium firmness that is excellent for a wide range of sleepers. I was also impressed with the infusion of a cooling gel to help defend against memory foam heat trap. I likewise believe the Puffy does an excellent job of decreasing pains and discomforts that some people experience when sleeping on a mattress that isn’t the best firmness for their sleep design. Memory Foam Topper Vs Mattress