Looking for Orthotherapy, 8″ Memory Foam Mattress…
The Puffy mattress is one of three all-foam beds provided by the Puffy company. It rates medium, or 5 out of 10, on the firmness scale, making it an excellent alternative for lighter sleepers. The Puffy is their most inexpensive design, cost price-points that have to do with half of the cost of the Puffy Lux, and less than half of the Puffy Royal.
All of the Puffy bed mattress are produced in the US and come with a life time service warranty. The major distinguishing feature amongst them is the distinction in mattress height, which is due to distinctions in comfort foam layers. The Puffy measures 10 inches thick, whereas the Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal measure 12 and 14 inches respectively.
As an all-foam mattress, the Puffy provides sleepers with a soft, cushiony feel. Since of its memory foam convenience layer, the Puffy provides sleepers the experience of being hugged by their mattress.
The top comfort layer of the Puffy is gel-infused Cooling Cloud memory foam. The gel infusion is meant to assist decrease the amount of heat caught by the mattress.
Below the memory foam layer of the Puffy lies 2 inches of Cloud Environment transitional polyfoam. Transition layers are firmer than comfort layers, yet softer than support layers. They supply both support and cushion. Also, shift layers allow sleepers to feel like they’re being “hugged” by the mattress without sinking into it too deeply.
Shift layers also help promote spinal alignment for side sleepers and decrease pressure points that can establish in side sleepers’ hips and shoulders. Sleepers’ hips and shoulders sink in much deeper to the mattress, while the transition layer supports the stomach, so the spine stays straight. The Puffy mattress rates highly with side sleepers because of this dynamic.
The mattress also has a 6-inch base layer composed of Company Core Support high-density polyfoam, which sits directly listed below the transitional layer in the Puffy mattress. The polyfoam base provides assistance to sleepers in all sleep positions. The mattress rates 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, which is considered a medium firmness.
Sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds feel most supported by the Puffy’s medium firmness. Those who weigh between 130 and 230 pounds, particularly those who choose to sleep on their sides, likewise delight in the Puffy. The medium firmness isn’t adequately helpful for a lot of sleepers over 230 pounds.
The Puffy Mattress struck the marketplace in 2017 after years of research and development, foam solutions, and sleep trials. The Puffy brand exists to create a “best” sleep system that is specifically targeted at people who have back pain.
All Puffy products are made in the USA and the foam utilized in each mattress is CertiPUR-US ® Qualified. Puffy also offers a high-end mattress called the Puffy Lux..
On the social excellent front, Puffy partners with different nonprofits throughout the country to donate mattresses to children in need.
- While much heavier sleepers might also enjoy the Puffy, it is a perfect fit for those listed below 130 pounds. The Puffy, with its medium firmness and extra-soft sleep surface, offers light-weight sleepers both pressure relief and assistance.
- Side sleepers listed below 230 pounds. Individuals who sleep on their side can in some cases establish pressure points at their hip and shoulder. The Puffy remedies this with highly contouring memory foam, which compresses at potential pressure points while curving to support the waist.
- Clients interested in extraordinary pressure relief. Our pressure mapping tests revealed that the Puffy deals excellent pressure relief for all sleeper types, even when compared to other memory foam designs. However, average-weight and much heavier sleepers might find it to be too soft.
Not Recommended for…
- Sleepers over 230 pounds. As a medium mattress with a soft sleep surface area, the Puffy is unlikely to use heavier sleepers the assistance they need. At 10 inches tall, its convenience layers may likewise be too shallow for some heavy sleepers.
- Stomach sleepers. While the Puffy may be interesting some individuals who sleep on their stomach, others will find that their hips tend to sink out of positioning with their spinal column. With time, this can cause tightness and neck and back pain.
Mattress Prices and Sizing
The Puffy is more inexpensive than similar all-foam mattresses of its quality. You can buy the Puffy in all standard mattresses sizes: twin, twin XL, complete, queen, king, and California king. The Puffy measures 10 inches in density, no matter size. All of the initial Puffy mattresses are the same firmness level, which is medium, or 5 out of 10.
|Twin||39″ x 75″||10″||41 lbs.||$795|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″||10″||45 lbs.||$825|
|Full||54″ x 75″||10″||58 lbs.||$995|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||10″||69 lbs.||$1150|
|King||76″ x 80″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
|California King||72″ x 84″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
Is the Puffy Mattress Right for You? Orthotherapy, 8″ Memory Foam Mattress
The Puffy is an all-foam mattress in a box with a medium firmness that is great for a wide variety of sleepers. I was also impressed with the infusion of a cooling gel to assist defend against memory foam heat trap. When sleeping on a mattress that isn’t the best firmness for their sleep design, I also believe the Puffy does an excellent job of minimizing aches and discomforts that some people experience. Orthotherapy, 8″ Memory Foam Mattress