Looking for Pressure Relief Memory Foam Mattress…
The Puffy mattress is one of 3 all-foam beds used by the Puffy business. It rates medium, or 5 out of 10, on the firmness scale, making it a great alternative for lighter sleepers. The Puffy is their most inexpensive model, cost price-points that are about half of the expense of the Puffy Lux, and less than half of the Puffy Royal.
All of the Puffy mattresses are made in the US and featured a life time guarantee. The major distinguishing feature amongst them is the difference in mattress height, which is due to differences in comfort foam layers. The Puffy steps 10 inches thick, whereas the Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal determine 12 and 14 inches respectively.
As an all-foam mattress, the Puffy provides sleepers with a soft, cushiony feel. Sleepers who enjoy deeply contouring memory foam will like this mattress. Because of its memory foam convenience layer, the Puffy provides sleepers the feeling of being hugged by their mattress. Individuals will seem like they are sleeping “in” the Puffy, rather than resting on top of it.
The leading comfort layer of the Puffy is gel-infused Cooling Cloud memory foam. This layer supplies cushion and cradles the body. The gel infusion is meant to help reduce the quantity of heat trapped by the mattress. Memory foam commonly traps heat, which can become an issue for sleepers who tend to sleep hot. This foam is engineered to supply additional reinforcement along the edges, though some people may still notice a bit sinkage while sitting or sleeping near the boundary.
Below the memory foam layer of the Puffy lies 2 inches of Cloud Environment transitional polyfoam. Transition layers enable sleepers to feel like they’re being “hugged” by the mattress without sinking into it too deeply.
Transition layers also assist promote back positioning for side sleepers and reduce pressure points that can develop in side sleepers’ hips and shoulders. Sleepers’ shoulders and hips sink in deeper to the mattress, while the transition layer supports the midsection, so the spine stays straight. Because of this dynamic, the Puffy mattress rates extremely with side sleepers.
The mattress likewise has a 6-inch base layer made up of Firm Core Support high-density polyfoam, which sits directly below the transitional layer in the Puffy mattress. The polyfoam base offers assistance to sleepers in all sleep positions. The mattress rates 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, which is thought about a medium firmness.
Sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds feel most supported by the Puffy’s medium firmness. Those who weigh between 130 and 230 pounds, especially those who choose to sleep on their sides, also delight in the Puffy. The medium firmness isn’t effectively supportive for the majority of sleepers over 230 pounds.
The Puffy Mattress hit the market in 2017 after years of research and development, foam solutions, and sleep trials. The Puffy brand exists to create a “ideal” sleep system that is particularly targeted at individuals who have pain in the back.
All Puffy items are made in the USA and the foam used in each mattress is CertiPUR-US ® Qualified. Puffy also offers a high-end mattress called the Puffy Lux..
On the social excellent front, Puffy partners with various nonprofits throughout the country to contribute mattresses to kids in need.
- While much heavier sleepers might also enjoy the Puffy, it is an ideal fit for those below 130 pounds. The Puffy, with its medium firmness and extra-soft sleep surface, provides light-weight sleepers both pressure relief and support.
- Side sleepers listed below 230 pounds. Individuals who sleep on their side can sometimes develop pressure points at their hip and shoulder. The Puffy treatments this with highly contouring memory foam, which compresses at possible pressure points while curving to support the waist.
- Consumers interested in exceptional pressure relief. Our pressure mapping tests showed that the Puffy deals outstanding pressure relief for all sleeper types, even when compared to other memory foam models. Average-weight and much heavier sleepers might find it to be too soft.
Not Recommended for…
- Sleepers over 230 pounds. As a medium mattress with a soft sleep surface area, the Puffy is unlikely to use heavier sleepers the support they require. At 10 inches tall, its convenience layers might also be too shallow for some heavy sleepers.
- Stomach sleepers. While the Puffy might be appealing to some individuals who sleep on their stomach, others will find that their hips tend to sink out of positioning with their spine. In time, this can cause tightness and pain in the back.
Mattress Prices and Sizing
The Puffy is more budget-friendly than comparable all-foam bed mattress of its quality. You can buy the Puffy in all basic mattresses sizes: twin, twin XL, complete, queen, king, and California king. The Puffy steps 10 inches in thickness, no matter size. All of the initial Puffy mattresses are the same firmness level, which is medium, or 5 out of 10.
|Twin||39″ x 75″||10″||41 lbs.||$795|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″||10″||45 lbs.||$825|
|Full||54″ x 75″||10″||58 lbs.||$995|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||10″||69 lbs.||$1150|
|King||76″ x 80″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
|California King||72″ x 84″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
Is the Puffy Mattress Right for You? Pressure Relief Memory Foam Mattress
The Puffy is an all-foam mattress in a box with a medium firmness that is great for a wide variety of sleepers. I was likewise impressed with the infusion of a cooling gel to help defend against memory foam heat trap. When sleeping on a mattress that isn’t the right firmness for their sleep design, I also think the Puffy does an excellent task of minimizing pains and discomforts that some people experience. Pressure Relief Memory Foam Mattress