Looking for Sleep Train Memory Foam Mattress…
The Puffy mattress is one of three all-foam beds used by the Puffy company. It rates medium, or 5 out of 10, on the firmness scale, making it a great alternative for lighter sleepers. The Puffy is their most affordable model, sold at price-points that have to do with half of the cost of the Puffy Lux, and less than half of the Puffy Royal.
All of the Puffy mattresses are produced in the United States and featured a life time warranty. The major distinguishing feature amongst them is the difference in mattress height, which is because of differences in comfort foam layers. The Puffy procedures 10 inches thick, whereas the Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal determine 12 and 14 inches respectively.
As an all-foam mattress, the Puffy provides sleepers with a soft, cushiony feel. Sleepers who delight in deeply contouring memory foam will like this mattress. Because of its memory foam convenience layer, the Puffy provides sleepers the feeling of being hugged by their mattress. People will feel like they are sleeping “in” the Puffy, instead of resting on top of it.
The leading convenience layer of the Puffy is gel-infused Cooling Cloud memory foam. This layer provides cushion and nestles the body. The gel infusion is intended to help reduce the amount of heat trapped by the mattress. Memory foam typically traps heat, which can become a problem for sleepers who tend to sleep hot. This foam is engineered to offer extra reinforcement along the edges, though some individuals may still notice a bit sinkage while sitting or sleeping near the boundary.
Listed below the memory foam layer of the Puffy lies 2 inches of Cloud Climate transitional polyfoam. Transition layers enable sleepers to feel like they’re being “hugged” by the mattress without sinking into it too deeply.
Shift layers also assist promote spinal alignment for side sleepers and reduce pressure points that can establish in side sleepers’ hips and shoulders. Sleepers’ hips and shoulders sink in deeper to the mattress, while the transition layer supports the midsection, so the spinal column remains straight. Due to the fact that of this dynamic, the Puffy mattress rates highly with side sleepers.
The mattress also has a 6-inch base layer composed of Company Core Support high-density polyfoam, which sits straight listed below the transitional layer in the Puffy mattress. The polyfoam base offers assistance to sleepers in all sleep positions. The mattress rates 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, which is considered a medium firmness.
Sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds feel most supported by the Puffy’s medium firmness. Those who weigh in between 130 and 230 pounds, specifically those who choose to sleep on their sides, likewise delight in the Puffy. The medium firmness isn’t sufficiently helpful for the majority of sleepers over 230 pounds.
The Puffy Mattress hit the market in 2017 after years of research and development, foam formulations, and sleep trials. The Puffy brand name exists to produce a “perfect” sleep system that is particularly targeted at people who have neck and back pain.
All Puffy items are made in the U.S.A. and the foam used in each mattress is CertiPUR-US ® Certified. Puffy also offers a luxury mattress called the Puffy Lux..
On the social good front, Puffy partners with various nonprofits throughout the nation to donate mattresses to children in need.
- While much heavier sleepers might likewise take pleasure in the Puffy, it is a perfect fit for those below 130 pounds. The Puffy, with its medium firmness and extra-soft sleep surface, offers light-weight sleepers both pressure relief and support.
- Side sleepers below 230 pounds. Individuals who sleep on their side can sometimes establish pressure points at their hip and shoulder. The Puffy treatments this with extremely contouring memory foam, which compresses at prospective pressure points while curving to support the waist.
- Consumers interested in exceptional pressure relief. Our pressure mapping tests showed that the Puffy deals exceptional pressure relief for all sleeper types, even when compared to other memory foam designs. Average-weight and heavier sleepers may find it to be too soft.
Not Recommended for…
- Sleepers over 230 pounds. As a medium mattress with a soft sleep surface, the Puffy is not likely to use heavier sleepers the support they need. At 10 inches high, its convenience layers may also be too shallow for some heavy sleepers.
- Stomach sleepers. While the Puffy might be appealing to some people who sleep on their stomach, others will find that their hips tend to sink out of positioning with their spinal column. Over time, this can cause stiffness and pain in the back.
Mattress Prices and Sizing
The Puffy is more economical than equivalent all-foam bed mattress of its quality. All of the original Puffy mattresses are the same firmness level, which is medium, or 5 out of 10.
|Twin||39″ x 75″||10″||41 lbs.||$795|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″||10″||45 lbs.||$825|
|Full||54″ x 75″||10″||58 lbs.||$995|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||10″||69 lbs.||$1150|
|King||76″ x 80″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
|California King||72″ x 84″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
Is the Puffy Mattress Right for You? Sleep Train Memory Foam Mattress
The Puffy is an all-foam mattress in a box with a medium firmness that is excellent for a vast array of sleepers. I was likewise impressed with the infusion of a cooling gel to help prevent memory foam heat trap. I also believe the Puffy does a good task of reducing pains and discomforts that some people experience when sleeping on a mattress that isn’t the right firmness for their sleep style. Sleep Train Memory Foam Mattress