Looking for Ventilated Memory Foam Mattress Topper…
The Puffy mattress is among three all-foam beds provided by the Puffy company. It ranks medium, or 5 out of 10, on the firmness scale, making it an excellent choice for lighter sleepers. The Puffy is their most inexpensive design, cost price-points that are about half of the cost of the Puffy Lux, and less than half of the Puffy Royal.
All of the Puffy mattresses are made in the United States and featured a lifetime warranty. The major distinguishing feature amongst them is the difference in mattress height, which is because of differences in comfort foam layers. The Puffy steps 10 inches thick, whereas the Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal determine 12 and 14 inches respectively.
As an all-foam mattress, the Puffy offers sleepers with a soft, cushiony feel. Due to the fact that of its memory foam comfort layer, the Puffy offers sleepers the experience of being hugged by their mattress.
The top comfort layer of the Puffy is gel-infused Cooling Cloud memory foam. This layer offers cushion and cradles the body. The gel infusion is meant to help in reducing the quantity of heat trapped by the mattress. Memory foam commonly traps heat, which can end up being a problem for sleepers who tend to sleep hot. This foam is engineered to provide extra reinforcement along the edges, though some individuals may still discover a bit sinkage while sitting or sleeping near the perimeter.
Listed below the memory foam layer of the Puffy lies 2 inches of Cloud Environment transitional polyfoam. Shift layers enable sleepers to feel like they’re being “hugged” by the mattress without sinking into it too deeply.
Shift layers also help promote back alignment for side sleepers and decrease pressure points that can establish in side sleepers’ shoulders and hips. Sleepers’ hips and shoulders sink in deeper to the mattress, while the shift layer supports the midsection, so the spinal column stays straight. Since of this dynamic, the Puffy mattress rates extremely with side sleepers.
The mattress likewise has a 6-inch base layer composed of Firm Core Assistance high-density polyfoam, which sits straight listed below the transitional layer in the Puffy mattress. The polyfoam base supplies support to sleepers in all sleep positions. The mattress rates 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, which is thought about a medium firmness.
Sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds feel most supported by the Puffy’s medium firmness. Those who weigh between 130 and 230 pounds, specifically those who prefer to sleep on their sides, likewise delight in the Puffy. The medium firmness isn’t properly supportive for the majority of sleepers over 230 pounds.
The Puffy Mattress struck the market in 2017 after years of research and development, foam formulas, and sleep trials. The Puffy brand exists to create a “ideal” sleep system that is particularly targeted at people who have neck and back pain.
All Puffy items are made in the USA and the foam utilized in each mattress is CertiPUR-US ® Licensed. Puffy also offers a high-end mattress called the Puffy Lux..
On the social excellent front, Puffy partners with various nonprofits throughout the country to donate mattresses to kids in need.
- Light-weight sleepers. While much heavier sleepers may likewise enjoy the Puffy, it is a perfect fit for those listed below 130 pounds. Lighter sleepers compress the foam less, so firm mattresses can feel annoyingly hard. The Puffy, with its medium firmness and extra-soft sleep surface, offers light-weight sleepers both pressure relief and support.
- Side sleepers listed below 230 pounds. People who sleep on their side can in some cases develop pressure points at their hip and shoulder. The Puffy treatments this with extremely contouring memory foam, which compresses at potential pressure points while curving to support the waist.
- Consumers thinking about remarkable pressure relief. Our pressure mapping tests showed that the Puffy offers excellent pressure relief for all sleeper types, even when compared to other memory foam designs. Average-weight and heavier sleepers might discover it to be too soft.
Not Recommended for…
- Sleepers over 230 pounds. As a medium mattress with a soft sleep surface, the Puffy is unlikely to offer much heavier sleepers the assistance they need. At 10 inches high, its comfort layers may likewise be too shallow for some heavy sleepers.
- Stomach sleepers. While the Puffy might be interesting some people who sleep on their stomach, others will discover that their hips tend to sink out of positioning with their spine. In time, this can trigger tightness and pain in the back.
Mattress Prices and Sizing
The Puffy is more inexpensive than comparable all-foam mattresses of its quality. You can purchase the Puffy in all standard mattresses sizes: twin, twin XL, complete, queen, king, and California king. The Puffy procedures 10 inches in density, despite size. All of the original Puffy mattresses are the same firmness level, which is medium, or 5 out of 10.
|Twin||39″ x 75″||10″||41 lbs.||$795|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″||10″||45 lbs.||$825|
|Full||54″ x 75″||10″||58 lbs.||$995|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||10″||69 lbs.||$1150|
|King||76″ x 80″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
|California King||72″ x 84″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
Is the Puffy Mattress Right for You? Ventilated Memory Foam Mattress Topper
The Puffy is an all-foam mattress in a box with a medium firmness that is fantastic for a wide range of sleepers. I was likewise impressed with the infusion of a cooling gel to assist defend against memory foam heat trap. When sleeping on a mattress that isn’t the best firmness for their sleep design, I likewise believe the Puffy does an excellent job of decreasing pains and discomforts that some people experience. Ventilated Memory Foam Mattress Topper